Primary Focus of Self Defense Workshops
MKG Seattle’s Self Defense Program strives for participants to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to A) keep themselves out of harm’s way and B) defend themselves during a violent encounter.
The primary focus of the workshop is to develop a person’s ability to detect potential danger and avoid it. The secondary focus is embedding the physical skills needed to survive a physical attack.
The MKG method employs techniques that are easy to perform under stress, are not pain or repetition based and have a proven track record.
Specialty Women's Self Defense Classes and Workshops
Essentially we have 5 options for self defense training for individuals, businesses, corporations and community organizations:
- FREE 1 & 1/2 Hour Intro to Self Defense at MKG Seattle. (15 minimum) We do these as community service when requested and when our instructors and/or facility is available. Just inquire!
- 1 & 1/2 Hour Intro to Self Defense at your location (paid by host typically at hourly rate including travel time and expenses)
- Full 6-10 Hour Basic Self Defense Course (paid by attendee typically at MKG)
- Custom Course addressing topics you’re interested in and that we’re qualified to teach.
- Regular classes if your interest in martial art is broader than self defense
KOMO-TV Self Defense Story Featuring MKG Seattle
This KOMO 4 news story features footage of our self defense course as well as an interview with one of our students who successfully defended herself against a carjacking/abduction attempt.
Be sure to request information and we'll let you know as our next workshops are scheduled. We do not offer seminars on a fixed schedule so it is important to request a workshop or ask to be put on the mailing list. This can be done by using the form below, calling 206-641-9854 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next self defense workshop is coming up soon!