Job Opening: MKG Seattle Seeking General Manager
Now Hiring: General Manager
Immediate opening and seeking a General Manager for our 600 member and growing martial arts, CrossFit and fitness facility. The GM will have direct responsibility for facility operation and revenue generation through memberships, sales and marketing, program development, customer service, retention, retail sales, staff training and development. Through exceptional leadership the General Manager will ensure the facility meets or exceeds financial goals while delivering exceptional classes, outstanding customer service and utilizing ethical business practices.
- Close team/working relationship with owners.
- Hiring, training, and development of sales staff, trainers, admin and desk staff.
- Monitor and maintain accountability of staff members.
- Conduct and/or monitor daily communication with prospective members and existing clients.
- Input all contracts, suspensions, and cancellations into CRM and monitor and remedy delinquent accounts
- Maintain accurate inventory of pro-shop, margins and reorder items when necessary.
- Maintain office and janitorial supplies in cost efficient manner.
- Know, understand, follow and enforce all policies & procedures in Employee Handbook and compliance with state and federal law
- Understand all facility issues and services offered
- Report any equipment/facility issues and/or work to resolve with appropriate persons
- Above description is subject to change or alteration at any time
- Implement, improve and expand client prospecting program leveraging technology and current marketing methods with class and integrity.
- Analyze sales reports to identify opportunities and deficiencies and set goals to achieve desired performance
- Manage leads, calls, email campaigns, appointments, shows and closing %.
- Meet personal production standards/individual goals for GM Position
- Order and maintain retail inventory and expand pro-shop sales
- Ability to develop, document, implement and maintain a systems driven business
- Create daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly promotions, events, recruiting and outreach
- Meet with department heads daily to monitor and mentor their efforts (Adult Martial Arts, Kid’s Martial Arts, CrossFit and MAX10 Fitness managers)
- Lead monthly staff meeting to review previous month results, next month plans and identify deficiencies or opportunities
- Develop and manage overall budget and meet financial operating expectations
- Be aware of all class schedules, attendance
- Create a work environment that allows MKG Seattle to deliver trend-setting customer service
- Maintain and improve MKG Seattle’s standards for member retention and customer satisfaction
Training and Development:
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly staff meetings and/or training
- Provide continuing education for employees as appropriate
- Maintain and improve employee performance through recognition, coaching, feedback, reviews or disciplinary action if required
- Pro-actively monitor daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly systems, statistics and budgets and re-train staff as needed
- 4 Year degree in business, marketing or sales preferred
- 3-5 years of management experience overseeing sales, marketing, facility and admin staff
- Entrepreneurial background preferred
- Exceptional time management skills using a known time management system preferred
- Exceptional listening, communication and writing skill and attention to detail
- Friendly disposition and enjoy people (working with teams, nurturing clients, managing staff and reporting to owners)
- Operate well without direct supervision and possess problem solving skills
- Have a passion for helping people, professional development, leadership, and customer service
- 2-3 Years of experience in martial arts, CrossFit or personal training preferred
- High level of computer literacy with experience in the following; Word, Excel, WordPress, Facebook, QuickBooks, QuickBooks POS, InfusionSoft or other internet marketing and CRM products and networks
- Exceptional integrity, team building and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proven sales experience
- Must own reliable transportation
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and compensation is negotiable for the right candidate
- Base Salary + Monthly Performance Incentives
- Paid Vacation
- 50% of Company Group Medical
Seattle, WA 98125
Marketing: 3 years
Management: 3 years
Sales: 3 years
Required license or certification:
How to Apply:
No calls please. Send a resume and cover letter to Andy and Tammy Wilson at email@example.com with ‘General Manager’ in the email subject line.